School Attendance Officer - #459786
Unique School Solutions
Unique School Solutions are seeking to recruit an experienced Student Attendance Officer for a secondary school in South Sheffield to start in September 2022.
This is a full-time position Monday - Friday (term time only) to start in September 2022. This is a long-term position initially for 12 weeks with the strong possibility of becoming permanent following the successful completion of this period.
The role of the Attendance Officer
- Contribute to raising achievement by improving school attendance.
- Providing a specialist service to assist the school in meeting their obligations and targets in relation to school attendance, especially persistent absence.
- Promote positive attitudes by students and families towards education and to ensure that parents are made fully aware of their statutory responsibilities.
- Make unsupervised contact with families in their own homes and elsewhere to assess the reasons impacting on the attendance of individual students, facilitating their return or access to regular full-time education provision.
- Establish and develop a professional service to support the school in raising attendance,
- Establishing the reason for non- attendance, make assessments and agree a plan for facilitating a return to school using appropriate strategies within specified timescales.
The ideal candidate
- Experience of working in a school
- Experience of working with young people.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Knowledge of SIMS (Schools Information Management System
- Attention to detail and a good level of numeracy
- Strong ICT skills, including the use of spreadsheets
- Knowledge and understanding of school policies and procedures
- Ability to relate well to colleagues and students and parents / members of the public
- A professional manner
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Flexibility in approach to completion of work
By working with Unique School Solutions, you will benefit from:
- The support of an experienced team of specialist consultants
- The opportunity to gain permanent employment after 12 weeks
- Competitive daily rates of pay from day 1
- Access to our Team Unique Staff Room where you can gain advice, support, and friendships with other USS members
- The opportunity for permanent employment
This position will require you to complete our stringent vetting procedure which includes (in brief) a face-to-face registration, professional references and Enhanced DBS.
Please note Unique School Solutions are acting as an employment agency on behalf of our school client. We are an equal opportunities employer.