Workshop Controller - #482906
This role is based at our Sheffield Crystal Peaks Centre
Ready for a supervisory role? This is a brilliant opportunity to take your experience to the next level, inspiring and mentoring the Workshop team to develop their skills and deliver technical solutions. You’ll be working closely with the Front of House team too, working with colleagues to deliver market-leading services, and ensuring that every customer gets the best possible experience.
You’ll be allocating jobs to the Workshop team based on both the technical aspects and on customer demand, using your technical skills to support the team with vehicle repairs when needed. A great communicator, you’ll keep the team updated daily on commercial priorities and will have what it takes to inspire, mentor and motivate a team to deliver a service that wows your customers. A dab hand with customers, you’ll be able to clearly outline options and implications of work required.
In this role you need to be organised, as you’ll be maximising capacity in the workshop, working with the Centre Manager to implement an effective deployment plan. And with the Workshop team, you’ll deliver against sales margin and profit targets, as well as customer service metrics, setting the highest standards.
We invest heavily in training to give our colleagues skills to develop their careers, so whatever career path you want to follow and whatever pace you want to progress, we have the support here to help you make your ambitions a reality.
We know that everyone has different priorities at different stages of their lives, so we offer a wide range of rewards and benefits. As well as holiday and contributory pension, you can expect to enjoy:
- Generous bonus scheme
- 25% off most of our products in Halfords Retail stores and online
- Amazing discounts of up to 60% on your garage bills at Halfords Autocentre
- Discount on Halfords Breakdown Cover, with bike cover as standard for all annual policies
- At least 25% colleague discount at Tredz
- Life assurance
- Discounts on everything from groceries and shopping through to holidays, insurance, days out, restaurants and more
- Employee assistance programme offering free, independent, confidential support and counselling 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Fantastic Trade Price Bike Scheme - buy one bike per year from a range of bikes which have been significantly reduced
- Option to join our Sharesave scheme: save to purchase shares at a 20% discount
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Wagestream – a financial planning app that gives you more control over your pay. Access up to 30% of your pay as you earn it and save automatically from your salary to build a rainy-day fund for the future
- Health Cash Plan - claim cash back towards your healthcare costs and get access to health and well-being services
To be a success in this role you’ll need:
- Level 3 in Light Vehicle Maintenance standard, or equivalent time served
- Experience of working in the automotive industry
- Technical QC trained
- Some supervisory experience
- Experience of delivering coaching/training in the moment to colleagues
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing
- A track record of success in delivering against targets
- Experience of building great relationships across a large team
- Experience of meeting compliance standards across Health and Safety and quality
- Experience with or an aptitude for learning in-house systems
- Experience of labour force scheduling, with proven time management skills
- A current full valid driving licence
We’re in an exciting chapter – rapidly growing our business with a focus on motoring services and electric mobility. We’re the UK’s leading retailer of motoring and cycling products and services, and the UK’s largest vehicle service, maintenance and repair business. Join us and be part of our success story in getting the nation safely back on the move.