Finance Payroll Assistant / Data Entry - #561964
Reed Business Support
I am currently recruiting for a Finance Payroll Assistant (Mainly Data Entry) to work on behalf of a leading public sector organisation based in the S9 postcode of Sheffield. They are based near to Meadowhall this role is easily accessible from public transport - there is also onsite parking.
This role is on a fixed term contract until March 2024 initially and is to support on a long term project.
There is an attractive salary of between £20,000 and £22,00 as well as a host of great benefits including:
- Blue light card discounts
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Leading pension scheme
- Flexible/Hybrid working (after successful training period)
Your main duty will be to provide admin support to the project, working alongside the finance and payroll teams.
Duties of the role include:
- Take an active role in assisting the Payroll Officer with system development and problem solving
- Carrying out all variation inputs to employee records in the Oracle system for Payroll and Pensions
- Input the change of bank details, student loans and tax code
- Understand how to set up employee pensions
- Quality checking data input into the Oracle System
- Understand and learn how to administer employee mileage, allowance and expenses
- Become responsible for the administration of Staff overtime and time-off
- Process third party voluntary deductions, preparing the Vouchers and Pro-forma invoices
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be confident using various IT packages (oracle experience is highly advantageous)
- Have strong keyboard and data entry skills
- Any HR/Payroll experience would be beneficial but not essential
- You will work well as part of a team, and work collaboratively
- Have a good understanding of data protection and GDPR
This role is a brilliant opportunity to kickstart a finance or admin career.
Please apply today for the chance of an immediate interview!